What Sales Teams Sometimes Think 🤔💭But Don't Say Outload...
"We don't receive enough leads from marketing and those we do receive aren't qualified enough."
"I don't know why we should do the marketing teams job for them by generating our own leads?"
"We need more information about our leads in order to have a meaningful conversation with them. We seem to be doing all the work and their work too while bringing in the revenue."
"We'll be lucky to meet our quarterly goal but that doesn't affect marketing, they still receive their full salary and don't rely on commission."
What Marketing Teams Sometimes Think 🤔💭But Don't Say Outload...
"Where do all the leads go that get passed on to the sales team?"
"It's a numbers game; although the sales team says they have to "solve their prospect's problems".
"Sales don't act quickly enough on most of the leads that we worked hard to nurture so our competitors sweep them up."
"The ones that didn't close but were still a great fit for our companies products/services didn't get sent back to us to nurture until ready to buy so they've been lost no doubt."
When working together the following can be achieved:
1. Business success from the collaboration of ideas
2. Better communication saves time and speeds up the MQL to SQL process (e.g. less time spent on unqualified leads)
3. Improved customer experience as no double calling or missed opportunities
4. Happier, satisfied employees with no disgruntled, hard workers believing they're doing the lions share
5. Revenue goals shared with proven data analytics clearly showing who's achieved what
6. Having a say in the strategy and revenue gives the teams a shared goal.
1. How to score your business leads
2. What metrics to use and when contacts are which (MQL, SQL)
3. Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Once these basic principles have been agreed the correct processes can be implemented so each team member knows exactly what they are doing or not doing and when. The next step is to ensure that your company has provided the right tools for your marketing and sales teams and tools that are shared so communication is streamlined.
Marketing is needed to generate and nurture leads by developing relationships with good fit companies and store those leads via lead scoring in segmented CRM lists.
Sales further develop relationships with the prospects passed to them by Marketing within the CRM, close deals, up and cross-sell.